AASraw blog navigation
Lorcaserin(Belviq) raw powder video
Lorcaserin(Belviq) raw powder basic Characters
|Color:||White to off-white powder|
1.What is Drug Lorcaserin?
Why is this medication prescribed?As Obesity becomes normal in modern life,Fat loss Lorcaserin was producrd. Lorcaserin,like Orlistat,got the Approval of FDA in 1999,was used to help adults who are obese or who are overweight and have weight-related medical problems to lose weight and keep from gaining back that weight. Lorcaserin is in a class of medications called serotonin receptor agonists.Lorcaserin must be used along with a reduced calorie diet and an exercise plan.
Lorcaserin raw ,the raw material of drug Lorcaserin,is a kind of White to off-white powder,many fat loss products supplier usually buy high purity Lorcaserin raw powder,then make it into finished one,the detail of Lorcaserin powder as below:
Molecular Formula: C11H14ClN
Molecular Weight: 195.692
Melt Point: 212°C
Storage Temp: RT
The drug is available under generic name Lorcaserin and brand name Belviq.
Lorcaserin is developed by pharmaceutical company Arena Pharmaceuticals.
Lorcaserin is manufactured by Arena Pharmaceuticals and marketed by Eisai Pharmaceuticals.
Mechanism of action
The drug works by controlling appetite — specifically by activating brain receptors for serotonin, a neurotransmitter that triggers feelings of satiety and satisfaction. Intake of food is controlled by satiety center, located in ventromedial nucleus of hypothalamus and hunger center present in lateral hypothalamus.Various inputs from higher centers and gastrointestinal tracts converge in arcuate nucleus, where two types of neurons controlling food intake is present. Firstly, food intake stimulatory group producing agouti-related protein and neuropeptide Y; and secondly, food intake inhibitory group containing cocaine and amphetamine regulated transcript (CART) and pro-opiomelanocortin (POMC) neurons. POMC contains 5-HT 2C receptors, which when activated releases alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone (alfa-MSH).Both inhibitory and stimulatory neurons further projects paraventricular nucleus in the hypothalamus.Paraventricular nucleus contains melanocyte 4 receptors (MC4R) that inhibits appetiteIn therapeutic doses lorcaserin acts as a selective 5-HT 2C agonist on POMC neurons, which in turn causes release of alfa MSH. Further alfa MSH acts on MC4R in paraventricular nucleus in the hypothalamus, leading to decrease in appetite. In supratherapeutic doses, lorcaserin also acts on 5-HT 2B and 5-HT 2A receptors.
Lorcaserin is rapidly absorbed in gastrointestinal tract and is delayed with fatty meals. Peak plasma concentration is achieved in 1.5-2 h, with half-life of 11h. It is evenly distributed in cerebrospinal fluid and central nervous system. Lorcaserin is 70% plasma protein bound and metabolized in liver, with major metabolite being lorcaserin sulfamate, and its excretion is mainly through urine (92%) and minor excretion through faces.
According to clinical trial data submitted by Arena to the FDA, nearly half of dieters without Type 2 diabetes who used the medication lost at least 5% of their starting weight — or an average of 12 lbs. — over a year, compared with 23% of those taking a placebo. For best results, dieters are advised to use the medication together with a healthy diet and exercise program. The approved labeling for Belviq also recommends that people discontinue the drug if they fail to lose 5% of their body weight after 12 weeks; longer treatment is unlikely to lead to meaningful weight loss.
The FDA-approved Belviq assists with weight loss among obese and overweight individuals. You may be eligible to try lorcaserin if:
You have a BMI over 30
Your BMI is 27 or above, but you struggle with at least one obesity related disease
You are completing a physician-supervised medical weight loss program
To maintain weight loss long-term, you’ll have to make permanent changes to your diet and exercise habits. Like all weight loss medications, lorcaserin powder is only recommended under the supervision of your obesity medicine doctor.
The recommended dose of lorcaserin for weight management is 10 mg twice a day.
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. You can take it with or without food. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.Do not take it more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your doctor’s advice.
Use: Adjunct to a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity for chronic weight management in patients with an initial body mass index (BMI) of 30 kg/m2 or greater (obese) OR 27 kg/m2 or greater (overweight) in the presence of at least one weight-related comorbidity such as hypertension, type 2 diabetes mellitus, or dyslipidemia.
- You should not use lorcaserin if you are allergic to it.
- Do not use lorcaserin if you are pregnant. Weight loss during pregnancy can harm an unborn baby, even if you are overweight. Tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant during treatment.
- You’d better not take lorcaserin if you have diabetes, congestive heart failure, a heart valve disorder, sickle cell anemia, leukemia or myeloma, kidney or liver disease, or a physical deformity of the penis (such as Peyronie’s disease)
- It is not known whether lorcaserin passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while using this medicine.
- Lorcaserin is not approved for use by anyone younger than 18 years old.
- Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how this medicine affects you.
- Avoid taking cough and cold or allergy medications while taking lorcaserin.
- This medicine may affect blood sugar levels. If you have diabetes, check with your doctor or health care professional before you change your diet or the dose of your diabetic medicine.
- Do not take any other prescription or over-the-counter weight-loss products without your doctor’s advice.
- Patients and their families should watch out for worsening depression or thoughts of suicide. Also watch out for sudden changes in feelings such as feeling anxious, agitated, panicky, irritable, hostile, aggressive, impulsive, severely restless, overly excited and hyperactive, or not being able to sleep. If this happens, especially at the beginning of treatment or after a change in dose, call your health care professional.
- Contact your doctor or health care professional right away if you are a man with an erection that lasts longer than 4 hours or if the erection becomes painful. This may be a sign of serious problem and must be treated right away to prevent permanent damage.
- Store lorcaserin at room temperature between 59°F to 86°F (15°C TO 30°C).
- Keep this and all medicines out of the reach of children.
- Lorcaserin powder is a controlled substance (CIV). Keep lorcaserin in a safe place to protect it from theft.
- Never give your medication to anyone else. Selling or giving away this medication is against the law.
- Oral Tablet
- certain medicines for depression, anxiety, or psychotic disturbances
- certain medicines for erectile dysfunction
- certain medicines for migraine headache like almotriptan, eletriptan, frovatriptan, naratriptan, rizatriptan, sumatriptan, zolmitriptan
- medicines for diabetes
- other weight loss products
- St. John’s Wort
- stimulant medicines for attention disorders, weight loss, or to stay awake
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
13.What happens if I overdose (Lorcaserin)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
Overdose symptoms may include severe forms of some of the side effects listed in this medication guide.
- Mood changes
- Body aches
- Low blood sugar
Side effects of lorcaserin are rare. If you do experience any of the above symptoms, or other symptoms you believe are related to taking lorcaserin, contact your weight loss doctor immediately.
More detail about relevant products,welcome to click here.