Progesterone Powder (57-83-0) video
Progesterone Powder (57-83-0) Specification:
|Chemical Structure:||Product Name: Progesterone(P4)|
|Cas No.: 57-83-0|
|Molecular Formula: C21H30O2|
|Molecular Weight: 314.46|
|Storage: Store at room temperature away from light and moisture.|
|Documents(COA & HPLC etc.): Available|
Progesterone Powder (57-83-0) Description:
Progesterone (P4) is an endogenous steroid and progestogen sex hormone involved in the menstrual cycle, pregnancy, and embryogenesis of humans and other species. It belongs to a group of steroid hormones called the progestogens, and is the major progestogen powder in the body. Progesterone powder has a variety of important functions in the body. It is also a crucial metabolic intermediate in the production of other endogenous steroids, including the sex hormones and the corticosteroids, and plays an important role in brain function as a neurosteroid.
- ❶ Prepares the tissue lining of the uterus to allow the fertilized egg to implant
- ❷ Maintains the endometrium throughout pregnancy
- ❸ Prevents further egg release until a pregnancy has terminated
- ❹ Prevents fertilization of more than one egg at a time, although more than one egg is occasionally released
- ❺ Stops muscular contractions in the fallopian tubes once the egg has been transported
- ❻ Plays an important role in fetal development during pregnancy
- ❼ Stimulates the breast tissue to promote lactation and causes the glands to advance ready for producing milk
- ❽ Strengthens the pelvic wall muscles in preparation for labor
- Zutshi (1 January 2005). Hormones in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Jaypee Brothers Publishers. p. 74. ISBN 978-81-8061-427-9.
- Fischer J, Ganellin CR (2006). Analogue-based Drug Discovery. John Wiley & Sons. p. 47X. ISBN 9783527607495.
- King SR (9 November 2012). Neurosteroids and the Nervous System. Springer Science & Business Media. pp. 44–46. ISBN 978-1-4614-5559-2.